What started as a gearhead’s idea for a better wheel alignment tool, is now a range of products used by professionals and do-it-yourself’ers all over the world. We saw the need to turn these ideas into a business, because of the poor quality and poor value of other wheel alignment tools on the market. Wheel alignment is important because it affects tire wear, handling, and even the gas milage of your vehicle.
Our love for cars started at an early age, and if you’re like us, you would do ANYTHING to prevent someone you don’t know wrenching on your vehicle. Whether you just need to take toe measurements, want to be able to do full 4-wheel alignments, or anything in between, our product line has you covered. Now YOU can measure the wheel alignment of your vehicle yourself, in your shop, in your driveway, or at the track.
WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY
WHEEL ALIGNMENT OVERVIEW
WHY WOULD I NEED TO CHECK MY WHEEL ALIGNMENT?
- You can have big brakes, a great suspension setup, and a powerful engine, but your vehicle’s tires are what contact the road and make the biggest difference in performance and drivability. Wheel alignment changes the angle of your wheels and tires, and these angles affect vehicle handling, tire wear, tracking, and even gas mileage!
WHAT ISSUES ARE CAUSED BY IMPROPER WHEEL ALIGNMENT?
- Accelerated and abnormal tire wear
- Undesired Handling (poor turn-in, understeer, oversteer, etc.)
- Reduced MPG
- Vehicle does not track straight
WHEN WOULD WHEEL ALIGNMENT NEED TO BE CORRECTED?
- Anytime any work is performed on the vehicles suspension, such as replacing tie rods, struts, bushings, etc., the alignment will need to be checked and most likely adjusted.
- Pot holes or similar “trauma” to your suspension can knock the wheel alignment out of spec, and even bend suspension components in extreme cases.
- By owning your own wheel alignment gauge you will know if the vehicle actually needs adjusting, so no unnecessary trips (or payments!) to the alignment shop.
WHY WOULD I WANT TO CHANGE MY OWN ALIGNMENT?
- Manufactures wheel alignment specifications are a compromise between handling, predictability, and gas mileage. So if you take your car to the track, you will likely want to change your alignment, dialing in more camber, and less toe, for example. Having your own wheel alignment tool or camber gauge makes checking your own alignment easy.
- You can save money by adjusting your vehicle(s) to the proper alignment specifications yourself, or checking to see if it needs adjusting at all.